New Music Dublin - Project Development Manager (contract for services)
Deadline: Fri 08 Apr 2016 - 17:00
New Music Dublin is a five-year (2013–2017) partnership initiative between the Arts Council, RTÉ and the National Concert Hall to develop a flagship contemporary music festival in Dublin. This partnership, with a steering group from RTÉ, the National Concert Hall and the Contemporary Music Centre, has run three weekend festivals in March 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Contract for services: Project Development Manager
The New Music Dublin (NMD) Festival seeks a Project Development Manager to finalise the programme for the March 2017 festival, working from an initial outline programme to be provided and within the available budget. Reporting to the NMD Steering Group, the work will include:
- Liaising with nominated representatives of the partner organisations and steering group, (RTÉ, NCH and Contemporary Music Centre);
- Liaising with key artists including the designated featured composer of the 2017 festival and a number of other specified composers, regarding performances of their works
- Liaising with specified performers and ensembles in order to agree a festival programme and negotiate agreed fees.
- Preparation of a festival budget, taking account of the available resources
- Ensuring that the programme utilises the various performance spaces available at the NCH in a practicable manner.
- Examining the potential to attract additional sources of funding.
The successful applicant is likely to be someone with a keen interest and knowledge of contemporary classical music, sounds art and experimental music, both in Ireland and internationally, who can provide evidence of the capacity to work with a range of composers, performers and their representatives to compile a specialist programme of events. In addition to effectively deploying his/her musical credibility, the post holder will be an effective negotiator in relation to fees and contracts and possess sound project management skills.
Project deliverables and timeframe
Key outputs from will include:
- a draft programme with outline festival schedule
- outline budget
- copies of contracts with key performers and other contributors.
The timeline for undertaking this work is estimated at approximately 24 days over a 3 month period commencing late April and with a completion date of Friday 29th July 2016.
A contract for services will be offered with an overall fee of €6,000, inclusive of expenses.
Please apply by email to email@example.com by 5.00 pm Friday 8th April 2016 attaching the following:
- why you believe you are suitable for the role
- outline account of how you would approach the project and structure your time.
Shortlisted applicants will be called for interview on Friday 15th April.