The National Concert Hall is Ireland’s most prestigious venue and is currently inviting applications for the position of House Electrician.
Main Purpose of Job: Carry out duties as electrical standby, undertake electrical duties as prescribed by management and sound engineering services for events at the NCH as warranted
Reporting to the Chief House Electrician (Supervisor) the successful candidate will fulfil the following criteria:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Chief Electrician concerning the sound, lighting and technical requirements for rehearsals and events.
- Assist in the provision of standby electrician service and sound engineering services for rehearsals and events as required
- Assist in the provision of sound engineering and electrical services for National Concert Hall events both internally and externally as required.
- Operate air conditioning system in the building through BMS computerised control system.
- Ensure that energy use within the building is controlled with no unnecessary use of energy resources.
- Carry out routine electrical maintenance as required including PAT testing.
- Carry out minor electrical works and repairs as required by management at the Hall.
- Carry out regular audits and safety checks particularly in respect of Fire Safety procedures including checks on fire alarm system and record details in fire register. Investigate any incidents that occur with fire alarm panel.
- Assist companies holding mechanical and electrical maintenance contracts at the National Concert Hall when work is carried out on the premises in respect of such contracts.
- Time Served Electrician.
- At least 5 years Post Apprenticeship experience.
- Thorough understanding/knowledge of electrical installations, rules, regulations and codes of practice.
- Experience of working on/with analogue/digital sound systems and stage lighting.
- Understanding of operation of mechanical plant and computerised building management systems. Experience desirable.
- Good knowledge of fire safety systems and procedures.
- First-aid experience an advantage.
- Good awareness and understanding of energy conservation.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft word and excel desirable.
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills.
- Display good initiative, be self-motivated, decisive, work to deadlines and under pressure, have good problem solving skills.
- Be enthusiastic and positive in carrying out duties.
- Be available to work a two shift pattern with a seven day liability.
Applications in writing to the Head of Personnel & Operations, National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Tuesday September 29th.
The National Concert Hall is an equal opportunities employer.