Press & Publications Executive
Main purpose of role:We are looking for someone who is passionate about writing, editing, promoting and publishing. In this role you will be creating, developing and publishing content for online and offline channels to provide support for our significant schedule of concerts and education activity and create interest from a wide range of audiences in the NCH brand. You will thrive on challenges and have a strong desire to ensure that marketing/PR makes a notable difference within the organisation.
- Generate and edit content for online channels and offline publications
- Support the marketing and press function within NCH identifying opportunities for brand awareness
- Contribute to organisational targets in income, profile, coverage and brand reputation
- Facilitate in the general marketing of NCH, with a specific focus on own promoted events
- Assist on special projects within the marketing department and for other departments as required.
- Generate, edit and co-ordinate copy for publications, concert programmes, press releases and communications relating to concerts at NCH for online and offline mediums
- Collect and collate relevant press and marketing material for visiting artists
- Planning, organising and executing PR plans to generate media coverage
- Liaise closely with other members of the marketing and wider sales team regarding marketing support for their individual areas
- Co-ordinate distribution and direct mail for NCH events
- Drive advertising revenue for all in-house publications and media
- Provide creative briefs and copy for the design department and collaborate on the successful completion of all marketing collateral
- Qualifications: A recognised third level qualification desirable in marketing/business/journalism studies/Public Relations/Communications and a qualification or interest in music and entertainment an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience: A minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing/PR/journalism
- Specialist skills or knowledge: A proven ability in all aspects of PR; excellent editing, copy writing and written communication skills essential; strong administration and organisational skills and good team working ability. The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively and will need to be flexible; willing to turn their hand to any task. An understanding and interest in music is desirable as is business awareness and the ability to multitask.
This is a full-time pensionable post based on the NCH AE scale, commencing on the first point of the scale at €33,687.
This post holder needs to adhere to the company’s confidentiality policy at all times.
To apply, please send letter of application and CV (no more than 2 pages) referencing PR and Publications Executive, to email@example.com before 22 May 2017.
The National Concert Hall is an equal opportunities employer.