Media Release 27 February 2014
The National Concert Hall's April to June Calendar of Events is now available
The National Concert Hall's April to June Calendar of Events is now available http://issuu.com/nationalconcerthall/docs/april_to_june_2014_calendar_of_even
Some of the highlights include:
- • An Evening with David Sedaris (1st April a t 7.30pm) – Author David Sedaris, internationally known for his sardonic wit, insightful commentary and wicked satire will be in Dublin for a unique evening presented by Aiken Promotions.
- • Celebrating Seamus Heaney (23 April 8pm) - Theo Dorgan, Peter Fallon, Michael Longley, Paula Meehan, Paul Muldoon, Liam O’Flynn, the RTÉ Concert Orchestra and many more feature in this special event presented by Dublin City Council, Dublin One City, One Book in association with Poetry Ireland.
- • Howard Shore in Dublin (26 April) - Multi Academy award-winning composer Howard Shore will introduce a concert of his own music at the National Concert Hall, performed by the RTÉ Concert Orchestra. It features Shore’s The Prophecy and The Return of the King from The Lord of the Rings Symphony for Orchestra and Chorus and much more.
- • Dublin Writers Festival (17-25 May) - Ray Davies in conversation with Joseph O’Connor. Americana; The Kinks, The Riff, The Road; The Story includes film footage of his 2001 US Tour.
- • Kate Rusby (3 May at 7.30pm) – The Yorkshire folk singer Kate Rusby is joined by her band Duncan Lyall, Nick Cooke, Steve Byrne, Damien O’Kane for an evening presented by Pure Records.
- • ESB LIVE 2014 – Penguin Café (25 April); the premiere of Paul Noonan’s new album Printer Clips (24 May); Musical Icon Bryan Ferry (18 and 19 June) presents orchestral arrangements of both Roxy music and solo works. Tickets on Sale Monday 3 March.
- • Perspectives 2014: Two new concerts added to the flagship music series at the NCH; An evening of film music by British composer Clint Mansell (12 October) familiar to many for his soundtracks to Black Swan, Requiem for a Dream, Pi, The Wrestler and more. On Sunday 9 November Chris Thile of Punch Brothers and jazz pianist Brad Mehldau present a unique concert as part of Perspectives 2014.
- • Bill Whelan Gala Celebration with Sir James Galway and the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra (20 June) – with Zoe Conway (fiddle), Catherine Leonard (violin), Colin Dunne (dancer), Gavin Molony (conductor).
- • The National Concert Hall International Concert Series 2013/2014: upcoming concerts include Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra with guest violinist Nicola Benedetti (27 March); City of London Sinfonia with Michael Collins clarinet/conductor (12 April), Chinese superstar pianist Lang Lang (19 April), Danish String Quartet (22 April ); Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment with the Choir of Enlightenment and Sir Simon Rattle performing Haydn’s Creation (4 May); Catherine Leonard (violin) and Hugh Tinney (piano) on the 17 April, 11 and 25 May as part of the Sunday Matinée Series.
For further information on any of the concerts or images please contact
Sinead Doyle, Marketing & PR Manager, National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2.
Tel: 01 417 0057/ 087 1775334