Jerome Hynes Young Composers' Award
The National Concert Hall invites composers to apply for the Jerome Hynes Young Composers’ Award 2016.
The National Concert Hall invites composers to apply for the Jerome Hynes Young Composers’ Award 2017. This award is for the commission of a new work for our development orchestra, SinfoNua. The new work will be premiered in summer 2018, giving the young composer a platform to showcase their talent.
- Entrants must be under the age of 30, and resident or domiciled in Ireland
- Entrants must submit the scores of two existing pieces at least one of which must be for orchestra
- Scores may be submitted in either hard copy (thee copies), by post or in pdf by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A completed application form must accompany each entry
- Entries must be submitted by 5.30pm on Wednesday, 17th May 2017
- An audio recording of the two submitted pieces is ideal but not essential, either on disc to the above address, with the application or as an MP3 files to: email@example.com no later than 5.30pm on Wednesday, 17th May 2017
- Previous winners of this competition are not eligible to enter
- €2,500 will be awarded to the winning composer
- Only one application per composer will be accepted
- Judging will be anonymous; composers must not include their name on scores or recordings.
- The judges’ decision is final and is not open to appeal
- Compositions and recordings cannot not be returned
- The winning composer will retain the copyright of the commissioned work