Jerome Hynes Young Composers' Award
The National Concert Hall invites composers to apply for the Jerome Hynes Young Composers’ Award 2017. This award is for the commission of a new work for our development orchestra, SinfoNua. The new work will be premiered in summer 2018, giving the young composer a platform to showcase their talent.
- Entrants must be under the age of 30, and resident or domiciled in Ireland
- Entrants must submit the scores of two existing pieces at least one of which must be for orchestra
- Scores may be submitted in either hard copy (thee copies), by post or in pdf by email to email@example.com
- A completed application form must accompany each entry
- Entries must be submitted by 5.30pm on Wednesday, 17th May 2017
- An audio recording of the two submitted pieces is ideal but not essential, either on disc to the above address, with the application or as an MP3 files to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5.30pm on Wednesday, 17th May 2017
- Previous winners of this competition are not eligible to enter
- €2,500 will be awarded to the winning composer
- Only one application per composer will be accepted
- Judging will be anonymous; composers must not include their name on scores or recordings.
- The judges’ decision is final and is not open to appeal
- Compositions and recordings cannot not be returned
- The winning composer will retain the copyright of the commissioned work